Are you a 3rd class graduate who thinks that all hope is lost to pursue a graduate degree? do not deter. The Australia Awards Scholarships grants over 1,000 scholarships to African students with 3rd class.
There are two categories of Award: Australian Awards Scholarships, to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at the Master’s level and Australia Awards Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors
The Australia Awards is the base of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa. It renders access to postgraduate education, training, and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries.
The stability, security, and prosperity of sub-Saharan Africa are of national interest to Australia. African countries are of global economic and political importance for global economic growth, agricultural productivity, food security, and international security. Many African economies are thriving and are increasingly providing Australia with opportunities for trade and investment-related development gains.
To this end, Australia’s development aid is carefully designed to maximize its impact by creating visible added value, deepen commitment, and maintain flexibility and responsiveness in selected areas of expertise. The Australian Awards will be presented to a select number of priority countries according to the geographical and sectoral nature of Australian involvement in Africa.
On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Level/Field of Study:
The scholarship is for African students who wish to undertake Masters taught degrees and short courses at an Australian university.
Field of study:
Offer to study in Australian universities ranges across the following fields of study. Priority Fields (varies by African country)
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management (including mining-related subjects)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
- Energy (including Natural Gas and Oil Technology)
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport (including Ports, Roads and Airports Management)
How Much is the Australia Awards Scholarship for African Students Worth?
Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students is a Fully Funded Scholarship. These opportunities have the value that includes a full tuition waiver, accommodation, and other expenses paid. Guess what, over 1000 scholarships are available
Australia Awards Scholarships
Entitlements include the following:
- The full costs of tuition fees for up to two years
- An economy class flight to and from Australia. Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance charges are not covered
- An approximate annual stipend of AUD30,000 to cover living expenses while in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), which covers basic medical costs
- A once-off Establishment Allowance of AUD5,000 to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing the course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items, etc.)
- Scholars, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare allowing them to travel home, midway through the course. This is only available to scholars whose course is for two years or longer.
Short Course Awards
Entitlements include the following:
- The full costs of tuition fees for the duration of the course
- Mobilisation travel from the home country to the course delivery location(s), and return to the home country Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance charges are not covered
- Visa expenses
- A modest per diem
- Medical insurance for the duration of the short course.
To be taken in(Country):
The Scholarship has made it easy for both students in Africa to participate without actually coming to Australia to write the exams. All scholarships are taken in African or Australian Universities.
Eligible Countries for the Australia Awards 2022:
Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students is one of the most trusted opportunities from Australia to the African continent. If your country appears on the list, Congratulation.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroun, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo(Republic of), Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, etc
Australia Awards Scholarships Requirements
- You must be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post-graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organization type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- Must possess a minimum of Bachelors’s degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with the Government of Nigeria regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships.
- The public sector, the private sector, and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) when they apply.
- You must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree.
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award.
- You must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships policy handbook.
Australian Award Application Form/Procedure:
The Scholarship is offered annually and the deadline for the scholarship is December and March of the academic year. Application deadline for Masters: The Scholarships opens every September 1st and December 1st
Australia Awards Scholarship FAQs
What is Australia awards scholarship?
The Australia Awards Scholarship is a Scholarship Scheme for International Students wishing to pursue their Master’s degree program in accredited universities in Australia. The Government has set up the opportunity to strengthen the bilateral relationship between Australia and other world communities.
When will Australia awards scholarship 2020 start this year?
The 2022 Australia awards scholarship commences on September 1st for most African Countries, Pacifics, and Asia. Currently, the Application is ongoing.
Which Countries in Africa is Eligible to Apply?
Eligible countries for this year’s Australia awards scholarship for Africa are Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia
is Australia Awards Scholarship for Undergraduates?
The Scholarships are only designed for Postgraduate Students who excel in their various home countries. He/she must have a Bachelors’s degree first.
Can a PhD Student apply for the Scholarship?
The Scholarship is for only masters degree Students. PhD Scholarships are not awarded the Australia Awards Scholarship?
How can I apply for the Australia Awards Scholarship 2020?
All Applications for Australia Scholarships for African Students are done online. you can check for details of the application at World Scholarship Forum post on Australia Awards